Makes 4-6 Scones
- 1 ¼ C All Purpose Flour
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
- ½ C Dark Chocolate Chunks
- ½ C Dried Cherries
- 2 oz Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Wild Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- ¼ C Sola Stella Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ea Egg, beaten with 1 oz. milk
- 4 tbsp Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest in a large bowl with the chocolate chunks and dried cherries.
3. In a separate bowl, combine ¾ C milk, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and olive oil.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the mixture just comes together and forms a dough.
5. On a floured surface shape the dough into a round disk about 1 inch thick. Cut dough into 4 to 6 triangles depending on the size you want.
6. Place scones on lined baking sheet and place in freezer for 10 to 12 minutes to firm.
7. Once the dough has firmed up, brush the tops of each scone with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
8. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Allow to cool slightly before serving.