Here at Texas Hill Country Olive Co., we are big fans of an olive oil dip. A little seasoning or spice blend, some award winning olive oil, a dark or white vinegar, and a side of fresh bread, and you've got yourself an easy and delicious appetizer and snack.
We've made this process even easier with our own Dipping Spices. Pick the right combination, and in a few seconds you've got yourself some incredible food that your friends and family will rave about.
But first order of business: did you know that there are other ways to use your Texas Hill Country Olive Co. Dipping Spice Packets?
That's right! Theres a different spice kit fit for every meal, and the whole family will love the perfect compliment of flavors, such as garlic salt, black pepper, basil, and more, added to your classic dishes. Truly such an wonderful addition to an easy home-cooked meal.
And we're here to give you spice advice and teach you all of our secrets to incorporating each premium seasoning blend into your cooking! So keep reading for all the fun ways to use your spice packets, and learn some of our favorite recipe tips and tricks.
Dipping Spice Packet: 5 Ways to Use the Seasoning Mix
1. Marinades and Dressings
One of the easiest ways to incorporate spice packets into your cooking is by adding them into your marinades and dressings.
Both marinades and dressings require some seasoning to become as delicious as possible, and having all of your spices in one easy-to-use packet makes the process even more simple!
Here are some pairing suggestions for your marinades:
- Lemon Garlic -> white fish, chicken, pork
- Italian Bread -> beef, lamb, chicken, pork
- Garlic & Herb -> salmon, white fish, chicken, beef
- Tuscan Herb -> chicken, turkey
And here are a few dressings to add it to:
- Caesar Dressing -> Lemon and Garlic Dipping Spice
- Classic Italian Dressing -> Italian Bread Dipping Spice
- Basil Vinaigrette -> Garlic & Herb Dipping Spice
- Thousand Island Dressing -> Tuscan Herb Dipping Spice
2. Homemade Croutons and Pita Chips
Making homemade croutons and pita chips are a great way to not only find a use for bread that is going stale, but another excuse to use your Texas Hill Country Olive Co. Dipping Spice Packet!
And why purchase store bought croutons and chips when you can make your own healthier versions at home?
Besides being delicious and eliminating some food waste in your kitchen, they're also but so easy to make! Just slice up your stale bread, douse in your favorite Texas Hill Country Olive Co. olive oil, toss in the spice pack of your choice, bake, and voila! It's really that easy.
For more specifics on making your own croutons, follow this recipe here!
For the pita chips, after preparing them with your olive oil and spice pack of choice, bake them at 375°F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Let sit to cool before serving.
3. Trail Mixes and Roasted Nuts
Sure, you can buy pre-made trail mixes and roasted nuts at any grocery store, but making your own allows you to create your perfect mix - and it's made SO much easier with the help of our dipping spice packets.
First, let's cover how to make roasted nuts:
- Unsalted nuts of choice
- Texas Olive Oil
- Dipping Spice Packet
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, toss the nuts with a sufficient amount of olive oil to coat them evenly. The oil will help the spices adhere to the nuts.
- Sprinkle the spice pack over the nuts and toss them well to ensure even distribution of the spices.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet with sides.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven.
- Roast the nuts for about 10-15 minutes, stirring or shaking every 5 minutes for even roasting.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
Here are some pairing suggestions for trail mixes using spice packets:
- Lemon Garlic Trail Mix: Lemon Infused Olive Oil, roasted almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, coconut flakes, dried plantains, dried mango and pineapple.
- Italian Bread Trail Mix: Sicilian Infused Olive Oil, roasted almonds, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, dried olives, parmesan crisps.
- Garlic & Herb Trail Mix: Garlic Infused Olive Oil, almonds, cashews, peanuts, wasabi peas, toasted black sesame seeds, nori flakes, candied ginger.
- Tuscan Herb Trail Mix: Rosemary Infused Olive Oil, roasted cashews, pecans, dried cranberries, mini pretzels, pumpkin seeds.
*buy all nuts unsalted as the spice packets contain salt
4. Protein Salads (i.e. Tuna or Chicken Salad)
You may wonder what we are referring to when we say a protein salad - and we'll tell you! We are referring to the type of salad, like a tuna, chicken, or egg salad, that can often be used as a main ingredient in a sandwich and it's main ingredient is a protein.
These salads are always a creamier texture, and hold together well on a sandwich. We've found that our spice packets add a lot of extra delicious flavor when making your favorite lunches.
Here are our suggested combinations:
- Tuna Salad -> Lemon Garlic Spice Packet
- Chicken Salad -> Italian Bread Spice Packet
- Shrimp or Lobster Salad -> Garlic & Herb Spice Packet
- Egg Salad -> Tuscan Herb Spice Packet
5. Broths and Stocks
Your favorite cozy meal is about to get better! Spice packets can be an excellent addition to enhance the flavor profile of your broths and stocks.
When making a broth, whether it's chicken, vegetable, seafood or beef, incorporating spice packets can bring depth and complexity to the final product.
Plus, it's so easy! Simply pour the content of the spice packet into the simmering broth, allowing the flavors to infuse gradually. If you want the flavor, but no seasoning residue in the broth or stock, try a cloth sack! It's an easy solution to capture the flavor without the texture.
It's the perfect way to add a burst of aromatic and savory notes to your homemade broths, elevating them to a new level of deliciousness.
Here are some pairing suggestions for your broths and spice packets:
- Lemon Garlic Spice Packet -> Chicken, Beef, Vegetable, and Seafood
- Italian Bread Spice Packet -> Chicken or Beef
- Garlic & Herb Spice Packet -> Chicken, Beef, Vegetable, and Seafood
- Tuscan Herb Spice Packet -> Chicken, Beef, or Vegetable
Enjoy Your Dipping Spice Packet!
Dipping spice packets are a great way to add an extra burst of flavor to your favorite foods. They're the perfect blend of flavors, full of whole spices and unique blends to compliment a wide range of dishes.
Your spice pantry is truly incomplete without an easy to use savory blend of spices all in one neat packet. Plus, it's a great way to try new seasonings and blends without buying tons of different products! Any wise beginner would try these packets out first.
Looking for the perfect gift for a loved one and home cook? Every great chef needs easy to use spice packets in their pantry, and it's truly the best kind of gift - and one of our favorite gifts to give! Pair some spice packs with some new products (with free shipping on orders $65+) and you've got yourself the perfect present.
You can make it even easier with our best selling bundle - the Tuscan Bundle! It's full of tons of delicious products, including a spice pack of your choice.