Broccolini shines with these Middle Eastern flavors. Serve with roasted lamb for a classic combo.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- kosher salt to taste
- ⅓ c sesame tahini
- 2 - 4 T fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- ⅓ c water
- 1 to 1 ½ lbs broccolini
- 3 T Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- In a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic clove to a purée with a generous pinch of salt.
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk into the tahini. Whisk in the lemon juice, beginning with the smaller amount.
- The mixture will stiﬀen up. Gradually whisk in up to 1/3 c water until the sauce has the consistency of thick cream. Taste and adjust salt and lemon.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice any large stalks of broccolini in half from top to bottom to ensure that all the stalks cook at the same rate.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccolini with the harissa olive oil and salt. Place on the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Roast until the tops are nicely browned, and the stalks are crisp but tender, stirring and flipping over after 5 minutes, roasting 10 - 12 minutes total.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a platter or individual serving plates. Drizzle with the tahini sauce and serve.