Tangy Chimchurri and tender Flank steak is one of our week night go to recipes around here. This sauce is so delicious you'll definitely want to make it a staple. We love drizzling it over vegetables and mixing into rice or pasta as well. Don't be afraid to amp up the spice with some extra jalapeno or red pepper.
Pro tip: Double the recipe and put the other half in the freezer for the following week.
- 1 ½ lbs Flank steak (we like using Wagyu as it’s more tender and flavorful)
- ¼ cup Cilantro, fresh - ½ cup
- ½ cup Parsley, fresh - 1 cup
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ yellow or sweet onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño (remove seeds if needed for a milder sauce)
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of Hojiblanca or Spaniard Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Clean all produce, and toss in a blender with lemon juice and olive oil and blend. Don’t be afraid to use the stems of the cilantro and parsley; they are full of flavor. Blend for just a few seconds. It doesn't need much. Salt and pepper after you have reached your desired texture. Brush Chimichurri on the marinated flank steak and it's ready for the grill. Don’t forget to save some for after the steak comes off the grill, top with the remaining Chimichurri.
Take meat out and season with S&P, let rest for 15 min - then add Chimichurri and put back in fridge for 1-2 hours