These Jerk Shrimp Tacos with a Pineapple Balsamic Salsa are a delicious and flavorful dish that are perfect for any occasion. This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a quick and easy meal that is packed with flavor. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a restaurant-quality dish that is sure to impress.
The combination of juicy, spicy shrimp and sweet pineapple salsa creates a unique and satisfying flavor that is sure to please your taste buds. The Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar used in the salsa provides a tangy sweetness that perfectly complements the spicy jerk seasoning, creating a flavor combination that is truly irresistible.
What sets this shrimp recipe apart is the use of Garlic Infused Olive Oil for cooking, which adds an extra layer of flavor to an already delicious dish. You can also switch for our Jalapeño Infused Olive Oil if you want to add even more heat!
Whether you are looking for a flavorful dinner for yourself or a crowd-pleasing meal for a group, these Jerk Shrimp Tacos with a Pineapple Balsamic Salsa are the perfect choice.
So, let's dive into the recipe and discover how easy it is to create this delicious dish!
Jerk Shrimp Tacos and Salsa with Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil, divided (or Jalapeño Infused Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- juice of one lime
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ounces rum
- 3 ounces green onion, chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (or 1 jalapeño) de-seeded and chopped
Salsa with Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup diced, fresh pineapple
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Jalapeño Infused Olive Oil
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- Combine 1 tbsp Garlic Infused Olive Oil with minced pepper, ginger, spices, lime juice, and shrimp in a large bowl and toss to coat. Allow the shrimp to marinate in the jerk rub for 1 hour.
- While shrimp marinate combine all of the ingredients for the pineapple salsa in a bowl and let rest at room temperature.
- Once shrimp have marinated heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot add the remaining 2 tbsp of Garlic Infused Olive Oil.
Sauté shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the rum. Carefully return to the heat, add the chopped green onion and cook to cook out the alcohol.
- To build tacos, top tortillas with jerk shrimp and finish with pineapple salsa.
Time to Serve!
Jerk Shrimp Tacos with a Pineapple Balsamic Salsa is a mouthwatering dish that is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. The blend of spices, juicy shrimp, and sweet pineapple salsa makes for a delightful combination of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
Looking for other ways to use your Garlic Infused Olive Oil and Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar ? They both make delicious additions to both salads and marinades! And the Pineapple Balsamic is wonderful in beverages, and drizzle on desserts, like Citrus Bundt Cake, and vanilla ice cream.
Click below to download a copy of this Jerk Shrimp Taco and Pineapple Balsamic Salsa Recipe!