1 ½ c granulated sugar
5 ea large eggs
1 tbsp orange zest
½ c fresh squeezed orange juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ c powdered sugar
2 tbsp Mandarin Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp water
as needed toasted sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease and flour a large bundt pan.
3. Place sugar, eggs, and orange zest in a large bowl and whisk until thick and pale yellow.
4. Add orange juice, Sola Stella Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
5. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt then add to liquid ingredients.
6. Mix until just combined, do not over mix or cake can be tough.
7. Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before turning out onto rack and allow the cake to cool completely before glazing.
9. To prepare the glaze whisk powdered sugar, Mandarin Balsamic Vinegar, and water together until smooth.
10. Drizzle over the completely cooled cake and garnish with toasted almonds.
For a twist, substitute blood orange zest and juice and garnish with pomegranate seeds.