Lemon bars are one of our all-time favorite desserts, especially to eat served cool during hot sunny weather. With a buttery crust and tart filling, it's the most mouth-watering treat and a perfect balance of sweet and zesty. But have you ever tasted strawberry lemon bars? Well, it's time to change that!
These bars are enhanced by the addition of juicy strawberries, tart lemon, and a healthy dose of our seasonal Lemonade Stand Balsamic Vinegar. Don't have Lemonade Stand Balsamic? If it's Summer and in stock... what are you waiting for?! Go get it ASAP! If it's not available at the moment, our White Lemon or Strawberry Balsamic Vinegars are excellent alternatives to achieve that extra addition of sweet and tart flavors.
So here is the best strawberry lemon bar recipe out there - we hope you love it as much as we do!
Strawberry Lemon Bars with Lemonade Stand Balsamic
For the crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
For the filling:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons Lemonade Stand Balsamic Vinegar (if you don't have it, sub White Lemon or Strawberry Balsamic)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh strawberry slices
- Lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to an ideal oven temperature of 350°F. Grease and line an 8x8-inch baking pan or baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
- For the crust, In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, powdered sugar, and salt.
- Add the cold butter into the flour mixture and use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to work the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan to form the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and set hot crust aside.
- For the strawberry lemon filling, in a blender or food processor, combine strawberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, Lemonade Stand Balsamic Vinegar, and granulated sugar. Blend until smooth lemon strawberry puree consistency. (use a large bowl and hand mixer if you don't have the rest)
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Add the flour and salt, and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Pour the lemon strawberry mixture over the warm crust in the pan.
- Gently tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles and ensure even distribution.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is set around the edges but slightly jiggly in the center.
- Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let the bars cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once cooled to room temperature, refrigerate the bars for a few hours or until they are well-chilled and set.
- Use the parchment paper overhang to lift the chilled bars out of the pan.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh strawberry slices and lemon zest.
- Carefully slice into squares or bars and either serve or store in an airtight container.
Time to Enjoy!
These Strawberry Lemonade Bars are truly the perfect Summer dessert and take your classic lemon bars up a notch with the addition of sweet strawberries and balsamic! Serve these dessert bars at bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties - you name it.
They are a treat the whole family will love, and our Lemonade Stand Balsamic Vinegar is the necessary secret ingredient! It's the perfect blend of lemon and strawberry flavors and is also delicious in drinks, salad dressings, treats, and so much more.
And to make baking even easier, don't forget to click the button below to download a copy of the recipe card!