Lemon Bars are great on their own but with the help of macerated Strawberries soaked in our Lemonade Stand Balsamic Vinegar, the flavor of these bars are next level. This a great dessert for a summer bbq or backyard party. They are as beautiful as they are delicious.
- 4 large lemons: need to yield about 1 cup of juice
- 1 pint strawberries
- ¼ cup of Lemonade Stand balsamic vinegar. Add fresh herbs like mint or basil
- Slice strawberries and drizzle with the Balsamic - set out at room temperature for 15-20 minutes
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt about a ¼ tsp
- 1 cup / 2 sticks of room temperature butter cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon juice and zest if desired
- Powdered sugar for dusting after they have chilled
Preheat the oven to 350, glass pan 9x13 or 9x9 for thicker lemon bars..
Crust: Line pan with parchment paper, this will allow for easy removal once bars have chilled.
Mix all ingredients until the mixture resembles fine crumbs press into pan spreading the crust mixture as evenly as possible. Bake until light golden brown for about 20-25 minutes.
For the filling: Mix flour and sugar together, add eggs, whisk till combined. Next add lemon juice and zest and mix until all ingredients are blended.
Pour over the pre baked crust and bake for about 25-27 minutes or till the filling is set. Allow to cool in the fridge for about 2 hours. You want to make sure that the lemon bars are completely cooled before cutting and removing them from the pan.
Top with the balsamic strawberries and serve.