Orzo salads are filling, delicious, and a great way to get some extra veggies in while still enjoying pasta. The dressing is made with The Spaniard Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It's one of our favorite Texas Olive Oils for making a dressing because it enhances all the flavors so well. If you don't have it, no worries, the recipe will work with any of our EVOOs.
- 1 cup of orzo pasta
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 cup of cucumbers cut into same size as the tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon of red onion
- 2 cups of fresh arugula
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil leaves cut into thin slices
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice + zest if you like
- 3 tablespoons of Spaniard Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove of fresh minced garlic Salt and pepper to taste
Boil the orzo in salted water until al dente. (check the package for times.) Once pasta is cooked, rinse with cold water, drain and set to the side. While pasta is cooking prep salad ingredients.
Place all ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth. Toss all ingredients in a serving dish and finish with the parmesan cheese. Feel free to add more Olive oil or lemon juice if needed. Or you can always drizzle some of our Traditional Balsamic if you want to add a little sweetness.