Ahhhh, Margaritas: a staple at any Cinco de Mayo celebration. Or, better yet, a necessity at any happy hour or fiesta. Sure, we are huge fans of the classic marg - but why not get creative with your next cocktail?
Combining these two ingredients with the classic margarita (or even a faux marg) components creates a flavorful and refreshing cocktail that is perfect for any occasion. Adding a bit of heat with jalapeño pepper gives this Spicy Balsamic Margarita an extra kick, making it an exciting and unique twist on a classic cocktail.
We hope your party guests enjoy a batch of these margs this Cinco de Mayo!
Spicy Balsamic Margarita with Tajin Rim
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz Flavored White Balsamic Vinegar (Try Prickly Pear or Pineapple Balsamic)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/4 oz agave nectar
- 1/4 to 1/2 jalapeño pepper (depending on desired spice level)
- Salt or Tajin (optional, for rim)
- Lime wedge and jalapeño slices, for garnish
- If you'd like to rim your glass with salt or Tajin, rub a lime wedge around the rim of a rocks glass and dip it in salt or Tajin. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the jalapeño pepper to release its oils.
- Add the tequila, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, agave nectar, and a handful of ice to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to chill and combine the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and serve immediately.
Time to Enjoy!
We hope you and your Cinco de Mayo party guests enjoy these Spicy Balsamic Margaritas as much as we do!
There are so many ways to get creative with your margarita and balsamic pairings! We love the lighter taste of a white balsamic base with the margarita ingredients. Besides the Prickly Pear and Pineapple, there are a few more delicious Balsamics that would pair well with a marg. Try these out next:
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- White Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- Persian Lime Balsamic Vinegar
- Peach Balsamic Vinegar
But for now, let's enjoy this delicious Margarita - and the recipe card below will help you get there!