When planning a special dinner or an event, every part of the meal is considered, even the beverages. It is essential to pair the right kind of extra virgin oil (EVOO) with the right beverage - this avoids the flavors from clashing and causing any lingering aftertaste. Here's how you can pair your meals perfectly.
A Little Bit Of Vino
Undoubtedly, people in the Mediterranean and the broader world enjoy a little bit of wine with their meals. Whether it is a red wine for its digestive properties or a lovely white for its sharpness, you should pair it with the star of your meal.
Texas Olive Oil and Wine
Try these pairings for your meals:
- A light, fruity Texas olive oil pairs perfectly with a crisp, dry white, for example, Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. The Spaniard from our collection is the ideal pairing.
- A bold, robust olive oil works well with a full-bodied red, such as a Cabernet Sauvignon or Syrah. The Texas Millers blend pairs well with this type of wine.
- A spicy or herbal EVOO can be paired with a medium-bodied red, such as Chianti or Zinfandel. Try the Super Greek variety for the best results.
Shop for The Perfect Bottle of Olive Oil for Your Wine Here
Nothing Beats a Well-Paired Cold One
Who would have thought that beer and EVOO go well together? In recent years there has been a shift to small-batch artisanal beers cropping up everywhere; these brews deserve a well-planned and thoughtful accompaniment.
Texas Olive Oil and Beer
Try these pairings for the best results:
- A light, fruity EVOO can be paired with a light, refreshing beer, such as a pilsner or blonde ale. Sola Stella is the ideal pairing for any light and refreshing beer.
- A bold, robust EVOO works well with a dark, rich beer, such as a stout or porter. The Super Greek is the ideal partner for this kind of beer.
- You can pair spicy or herbal varieties with an IPA or Belgian-style beer. Try a Hojiblanca with your IPAs.
Find the Perfect Texas Olive Oil to Pair With Beer Here
Raising Your Spirits With Texas Olive Oil
When finding the right EVOO to pair with spirits, you must consider the other ingredients you use in your cocktails.
Texas Olive Oil and Spirits
Try infusing your EVOO into your drinks for an extra special kick!
- You can use a light, fruity EVOO to make a gin and tonic, adding fresh herbs such as basil or mint.
- Bold, robust EVOO can be paired with whiskey as a cocktail ingredient or used to make a simple whiskey sour.
- Spicy or herbal EVOO can be paired with vodkaVOO, either as a Bloody Mary ingredient or used to make a flavored martini.
These are just a few pairing ideas, and the possibilities are endless! It's all about experimenting and finding the perfect combination of flavors that works for you. The oil and the beverage should complement each other and not overpower each other. And even if you're looking for N/A cocktails, EVOO if the perfect ingredient to take your drink to the next level.