The time of year for giving a gift has arrived; as the year closes out, we have time to reflect on the people that have walked beside us for the year. The people that have made the year great and helped us through it. At Texas Hill Country Olive Co., we believe in gifting the ones we love with something they can use and instantly be reminded of who gave the gift. Here’s a quick guide to some easy Texas olive oil gift ideas for 2021.
Homemade Texas Olive Oil Delights
In 2021, one of the major themes is gifting from the heart. Homemade and made with love gifts have come back with a good reason; it just tastes better. Here are some of the best homemade kitchen delights that bring joy with every bite:
- Shortbread - These delicious shortbread cookies are easy to make and melt in your mouth. With endless flavor ideas available, making a selection of exciting and exotic flavors will make sure your loved ones will remember these cookies.
- Preserved Sundried Tomatoes - Nothing says ‘thanks for the year’ quite like a jar of homemade sundried tomatoes suspended in a rich olive oil packed with flavor. Try experimenting with adding a little garlic, basil, and chili.
- Tapenade - This tasty and savory dish is perfect for gifting during one of the sweetest times of the year. Using an olive oil that is full-bodied and flavorful paired with the finest kalamatas and caper berries, this spread will be a hit.
Perfectly Paired Bottles
When it comes to buying a bottle of wine, it is essential to pair it with something special. If you enjoy gifting bottles of wine over the festive season, try pairing them with the perfect bottle of Texas olive oil for added flavor. It is just as important as pairing the wine with a good steak.
How to Pair Wine and Texas Olive Oil
- Chardonnay - When gifting a bottle of chardonnay, pair it with a buttery and delicately flavored variety. Each bottle harnesses a specific smooth buttery finish with a delicate creamy note.
- Sauvignon Blanc - This classic grassy and fruity wine is the perfect companion to a medium to robust oil. Try selecting a bottle with a delicately present grassy note.
- Cabernet - This bold and full-bodied wine is best paired with a medium variety with herbaceous notes and a light buttery flavor. A finishing oil to drizzle over salads and pasta is perfect for this particular wine.
- Merlot - Fine wine often needs a robust companion; merlot is silky and smooth. Perfectly pair your merlot with a bottle of a robust extra virgin that harnesses the fruity qualities of the olive and complements the dark fruit flavors of the wine.
Charming Charcuterie Selections
Charcuterie boards are all the rage at the moment. Carefully selecting a range of cured meats, cheese, and freshly baked bread is the easy part of creating a gift basket. Take your hamper to the next level and add a dipping bowl gift set for an extra flavor sensation. The winning combination of herbs and perfect olive oil is a great way to elevate any charcuterie board.