Looking for a new healthy yet sweet breakfast? Want to top your Greek yogurt off with something unexpected?
Try these Caramelized Pears with Texas Balsamic Vinegar & Greek Yogurt! The flavors of the pears, combined with our Pear Balsamic Vinegar, add a sweet yet tart flavor to balance the flavors of the yogurt, honey (or syrup), and nuts.
Even prep your pears the night before for a quick and easy breakfast in the morning! PLUS, if you're looking for a delicious dessert, these pears are wonderful served with vanilla ice cream.
Caramelized Pears with Texas Balsamic Vinegar & Greek Yogurt
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Chopped nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts) for garnish (optional)
- Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the sliced pears to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the pears and stir gently to coat.
- Continue cooking the pears for another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they begin to caramelize and turn golden brown.
- Drizzle the pear balsamic vinegar over the pears and stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, allowing the vinegar to reduce slightly and coat the pears in a sticky caramelized glaze.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the pears cool for a few minutes.
- In serving bowls or glasses, layer the caramelized pears and Greek yogurt.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup if desired, for added sweetness.
- Garnish with chopped nuts for some extra crunch and texture.
- Serve the Pear Balsamic Vinegar Caramelized Pears with Yogurt immediately and enjoy your delicious breakfast!
Time to Enjoy!
This recipe combines the sweet, caramelized pears with the tangy richness of the balsamic vinegar, balanced by the creamy Greek yogurt. It's a delightful and healthy way to start your day.
Looking for other ways to use your Pear Balsamic Vinegar? Try out on these recipes:
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Pomegranate Caramelized Pears
- Pear Balsamic Simple Syrup
- Balsamic Champagne Cocktails
And don't forget to click below for a printable version of this recipe!