Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 1/3 cup Texas Hill Country Olive Company Jalapeno Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Texas Hill Country Olive Company Sola Stella Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano or herb of choice like rosemary or thyme, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 sprigs chives, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Blend all ingredients and let set for 30 minutes to an hour. Taste and add more salt and black pepper if needed. Serve over your favorite steak, chicken, pork, vegetable or toasted bread.
Chef's note: you can substitute dried herbs in this recipe, but the fresh herbs bring a fresh and bright note to the palate. Need a quick appetizer? This recipe works great when blended with a plain goat's cheese and served on toasted baguette slices.