Want to mix it up on your next taco night? Looking to incorporate some Mediterranean flavors into a traditionally Mexican dish? Look no further than these Mediterranean Chicken Tacos with Tzatziki Sauce!
Not to be mistaken for Greek tacos, these guys incorporate flavors that can be found all over the Mediterranean! Sure, the delicious Tzatziki classic dip sauce found in Greece, but with the additions of za'atar and Harissa Infused Olive Oil to the chicken marinade, we've created a medley of flavors found all over the Mediterranean, from Northern Africa to the Middle East to Southern Europe.
Besides the Harissa Infused Olive Oil, we also make this delicious dish with our Chef's Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil This is a great way to not only add some more Mediterranean flavors to your meal, but to add more guilt-free health benefits to your taco recipe.
Did we also happen to mention our Tzatziki sauce? Rather than a boring old vinegar, like red wine vinegar, we included the added bonus of our new Persian Lime Balsamic Vinegar. It adds the perfect mix of tart and zesty lime flavors that make this wholly unique and delicious.
So keep reading to learn how to make this delicious recipe created by our wonderful Chef Jen!
Mediterranean Chicken Tacos with Tzatziki Sauce
by Chef Jen
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons za'atar seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Chef's Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 1 cup mixed olives
- 1 cucumber, grated and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Chef's Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Persian Lime Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl, pour the marinade and massage onto the chicken, and allow to marinate overnight.
- Set the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken mixture into baking dish, and bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and shred chicken in juices into small pieces.
- Shred the cucumber and squeeze out the juice.
- Add cucumber pulp to a bowl with chopped parsley, minced garlic, salt, Greek yogurt, Persian Lime Balsamic, and Chefs Blend EVOO.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add shredded chicken mixture to soft taco shells of your choice. You can use pita bread or a flour tortilla, but we recommend corn tortillas or even lettuce wraps if you'd like the dish to be gluten-free. Top with tzatziki sauce, and optional additional toppings, like feta cheese, red bell peppers, and red onion, serve and enjoy!
Time to Enjoy!
Your next Taco Tuesday just got even better with these delicious tacos. And no, they're not Greek Chicken Tacos - they incorporate so many flavors that can be found all over the Mediterranean - from za'atar to harissa to Persian lime!
The best part? The shredded Mediterranean chicken and the Tzatziki sauce can be used together or separately! Try the tzatziki with some veggies like fresh cucumber, red bell pepper, and carrots for a delicious party dip, or with some chicken breast in a gyro. A little bit goes a long way, and you can make a large batch and it will last for days!
We are so excited for you to try these tacos, and we hope you love them as much as we do!
Don't forget to click below to download your own copy of the recipe!