2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup our Lemon Olive Oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter
on medium until creamy.
- Add the sugars (both white and confectioners') and beat on medium
until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and mix on low until combined. Scrape down the
sides of the bowl and add the egg and vanilla, mixing on low until
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Gather the dough, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill in the
refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Heat the oven to 350° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll the dough to 1/4-inch thick.
Cut in to any desired shape (you can rewrap dough scraps and chill
while the cookies are baking.)
- Put the first baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes. After the
dough has chilled, put the first pan in the oven, then put the second
pan in the freezer.
- Repeat with leftover dough.
- Bake on sheet at a time, 10 to 12 minutes, until cookies are just
beginning to brown on the edges, we take ours out right at 10 minutes with little to no browning, they will harden up but still be chewy inside when cooled.
- Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let the cookies cool
completely on the pan.
@txhillcountryoliveoil on Instagram and @TexasHillCountryOliveCo on
Facebook don't forget to use #THCOCcooking. We love sharing our fan photos.