Want to know the secret to the best sugar cookie? Olive oil! And not just any olive oil, our Lemon Olive Oil, of course
This olive oil adds a rich depth of flavor that we can't get enough of, and you'll never bake without it again. Check out the recipe below.
Easy Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup our Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to Cook: A Step by Step Guide
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter on medium until creamy.
- Add the sugars (both white and confectioners') and beat on medium until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and mix on low until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg and vanilla, mixing on low until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Gather the dough, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Heat the oven to 350° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll the dough to 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut in to any desired shape (you can rewrap dough scraps and chill while the cookies are baking).
- Put the first baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes. After the dough has chilled, put the first pan in the oven, then put the second pan in the freezer. Repeat with leftover dough.
- Bake on sheet at a time, 10 to 12 minutes, until cookies are just beginning to brown on the edges, we take ours out right at 10 minutes with little to no browning, they will harden up but still be chewy inside when cooled.
- Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let the cookies cool completely on the pan.
- Then DECORATE!
Enjoy Your Sugar Cookies!
We hope you enjoy these delicious sugar cookies! They're perfect all year around, not just the holidays. Looking for other delicious baked goods that incorporate olive oil and lemon? Try our lemon ricotta pistachio cannolis or our strawberry balsamic lemon bars.
And make sure to click below to download your own copy of this recipe!