Our Spaniard Extra Virgin Olive Oil combined with our Traditional Balsamic balance these fall flavors for a multifaceted side dish worthy of the holiday table.
- 1 lb wild mushrooms, cut into large bite-size pieces
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- the Spaniard Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 2" piece cinnamon stick
- 1 ½ T Traditional Balsamic
- ¼ c chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread mushrooms on one rimmed baking sheet; coat with approximately 1/4 c olive oil, 1/2 t salt, and 1/4 t pepper.
- On a separate rimmed baking sheet, toss brussel sprouts with 2 T oil, 1/2 t, and 1/4 t pepper.
- Roast both pans of vegetables, occasionally tossing for 20 to 25 minutes until the vegetables are brown and tender. Pro tip: The mushrooms may be done first, so keep an eye on them.
- While the vegetables cook, heat 2 Tbsp oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots, cinnamon stick, and a pinch of salt; cook, occasionally tossing, until shallots are caramelized and tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick.
- In a large bowl, toss together vegetables, shallots, and vinegar. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Toss in parsley and serve at once.