Celery Root Potato Puree with Leeks
Here's a flavorful and vegan alternative to mashed potatoes. Celery root adds a delicate herbaceous flavor, while the silky leeks add depth. Our buttery Spaniard Extra Virgin Olive Oil makes the combo wonderfully rich.
- 2 medium leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c plus 1/3 c Spaniard Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, 2" pieces
- 1 lb celery root, peeled, 2" pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, whole
- Kosher salt
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat.
- Add washed leeks and reduce heat to low.
- Sweat leeks slowly until they are entirely silky, 15-20 minutes.
- Set aside.
Time to Eat!
Looking for something delicious to pair with your yummy leaks? The following proteins are the perfect entrée for this lovely side:
More from: best texas olive oil celery root leaks potato puree Sides The Spaniard Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Leave a comment