We love when our Quarterly Club boxes are announced. Why, you ask? Because that means Chef Jen has come up with another delicious concoction using Texas Hill Country Olive Co. products.
This month, Chef Jen has done it again! Our May 2023 club box features 3 delicious products, and this recipe for Stuffed Cornish Game Hen includes 2 of them: our Super Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil and our Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar.
These game hen are filled to the brim with a stuffing of sausage, spinach, and topped with an insanely wonderful blackberry balsamic glaze. It truly tastes as good as it sounds, and we can't wait for you all to try it for yourselves!
Stuffed Cornish Game Hen with Blackberry Balsamic Glaze
by Chef Jen
- 2 Cornish Game Hens, thawed
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Super Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make: A Step by Step Guide
- Cook sausage in a skillet and pull from heat when done
- Add chopped spinach to the sausage in skillet, mix and allow to wilt, add bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400
- Pat hens dry. using 1.5 ft of baking string to tie the legs close to thier bodies by each leg first then securing them together with a bow
- Fill each hen with stuffing mixture (do not over stuff)
- Massage each hen all over with the EVOO using your hands make sure to get it all over and in between the legs and under the skin of the breast. salt and pepper skin
- Bake for 45 mins or until internal temp reaches 165
- While hens are cooking using a new skillet start the balsamic glaze
- In skillet combine balsamic, wine and sage cook over medium heat till reduced by half
- Once reduced whisk in the 2 tablespoons of butter and remove sage leaves
- Drizzle hens once on serving platter with the balsamic glaze
Time to Enjoy!
We hope you love this recipe for Stuffed Cornish Game Hen with Blackberry Balsamic Glaze as much as we do!
They make the perfect dinner for date nights in, Holiday meals, and just a night at home alone! Chef Jen served these Cornish Game Hen's overtop some delicious risotto, but they're also great with some Rosemary Parmesan Smashed Potatoes or some roasted root vegetables.
Looking for other ways to use your Super Greek EVOO? Try these recipes out:
And we can't forget that Blackberry Balsamic! For more uses for that delicious vinegar, try the following recipes:
So now that you have tons of recipes to help you get creative in the kitchen, it's time to sign up for our Club (if you're not already a member) and get to cooking this delicious Cornish Game Hen... printable recipe below!