We love the Soup Peddler. It is one of our favorite spots in Austin for a quick bite, whether that be smoothies, juices, soups, or grilled cheese sandwiches.
Here are some of their classic menu items, with a little twist of EVOO. We hope you enjoy (and visit both the Soup Peddler in Austin, and the Bistro at Texas Hill Country Olive Co.).
Amplifying The Soup Peddler Austin Menu with Texas Olive Oil
Soup Peddler has soup in the name...so you know their soups are going to be great. They have a lot of soups that change by the season, but there are a few staples we know and love.
The following Soup Peddler Soups would be even better with Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Mulligatawny: This Soup Peddler menu staple is one of our favorites. Most Mulligatawny recipes often include butter or vegetable oil, which you can easily substitute with a Texas Olive Oil (to make more delicious and healthy). With the curry flavors, we think our Harissa Infused Olive Oil would add a nice kick. You can even keep the recipe classic and just drizzle some on top!
- Tomato Basil: Of course you can't serve grilled cheese and soups on a menu without include a tomato soup! But we think a classic tomato basil soup is only made better with the addition of our Basil Infused Olive Oil!
- Chicken Soup with Rice: This soup is a classic staple for a reason, and Soup Peddler makes a delicious one. But we think any chicken soup could use a healthy dose of a robust EVOO, and our Texas Miller's Blend is the perfect option. A nice drizzle on the top, and you've taken your classic to a whole other level.
The Grilled Cheese
We love our grilled cheese sandwiches. And humble brag, we make a darn good one at our Bistro. Despite that, we also really love the unique flavored grilled cheeses that the Soup Peddler offers.
BUT we think one thing could really take their grilled cheese to the next level: cooking it in our Texas Extra Virgin Olive Oils. AND we happen to have the perfect pairs for each of their classics.
- Cheddar Grilled Cheese -> Sola Stella EVOO
- Green Apple Muenster -> Terra Verde EVOO
- Turkey Cilantro Pesto Spinach Pepper Jack -> Jalapeño Infused EVOO
- Basil Pesto Provolone -> Sicilian Infused EVOO
- Pepperoni Sundried Tomato Pesto Mozzarella -> Garlic Infused EVOO
Before you write off olive oil in smoothies - hear us out. The whole point of smoothies is to pack healthy and delicious ingredients into a drinkable form, correct? Olive oil is the perfect bonus ingredient to add to the mix.
Packed with loads of vitamins and antioxidants, the addition of EVOO will add tons of healthy benefits without overwhelming the smoothie with its flavor.
Try out some of our favorite Soup Peddler Smoothies with a tablespoon (or less to start) of EVOO:
- Tropicalia (mango, banana, pineapple juice, lemon, kale, spirulina): This tropical and citrus smoothie could use some of our Blood Orange Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil! The citrus notes and health benefits would be such a great addition.
- Green Monster (broccoli, spinach, banana, peanut butter, coconut water): With this primarily green smoothie, we think the addition of Terra Verde would be delicious. It has notes of greens and fruits, and the complex flavors would really elevate the Green Monster!
- Earth Shaker (mango, pomegranate, beet, carrot, spinach, lemon, parsley): This smoothie is the perfect mix of fruits, vegetables, and citrus, and we think our Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil would be delicious as an additional ingredient.
Like the smoothies, we think a tablespoon (or less) of EVOO in a juice could add extra health benefits, as well as a ton of delicious flavors. Here are some of our favorite combinations:
- Pulp Friction (grapefruit, orange, pineapple, lemon, lime): Add our Blood Orange Infused EVOO to the mix, and you'll never even realize it's there.
- Righteous Brother (cucumber, pineapple, cilantro, lime): Although this isn't technically a spicy juice, we think the Jalapeño Infused EVOO would add a nice green kick and pair wonderfully with the pineapple and lime notes!
- Love Cleanse (cucumber, kale, spinach, parsley, celery): If you're choosing this smoothie, it's because you REALLY love a green juice and want to get all the benefits. Adding the Olio Nuovo EVOO is definitely the right call here, as it's our unfiltered and greenest option!
- Moonage Daydream (carrot, orange, apple, lemon, turmeric, ginger, cayenne): This smoothie really has it all. The veggies, fruit, citrus and spice. We don't think you can go wrong with a little Lemon Infused EVOO for some extra citrus flavors.
Olive oil and shots go hand in hand these days. It's all the rage to take a shot of EVOO in the morning, due to its host of benefits. But if drinking straight olive oil doesn't appeal to you, you can also incorporate it into a healthy juice shot. And no one makes those healthy juice shots better than Soup Peddler!
Here are a few of our favorites of theirs, paired with the perfect EVOO:
- Wheatgrass -> Olio Nuovo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Royal Flush (lemon, ginger, cayenne) -> Lemon Infused EVOO
- Shot to the Heart (beet, kale, garlic, jalapeño, lemon, ginger, cayenne, oregano) -> Jalapeño EVOO for extra spice, Garlic EVOO for classic
Soup Peddler and Texas Hill Country Olive Co.
We think Soup Peddler and Texas Hill Country Olive Co. are a match made in heaven. Not only do we both create delicious products that pair well together, but we put a focus on healthy ingredients.