Butternut squash is an incredible vegetable. But have you considered using it for something other than soups or a side dish?
It makes an excellent entree, especially as a vegetarian/vegan option. And we love to throw ours on the grill! We've also come up with the most delicious seasoning combination that we couldn't wait to share.
Our Bourbon Balsamic and Sola Stella Extra Virgin Olive Oil perfectly complement the sweetness of butternut squash, which becomes smokey and tender on the grill. If you're looking for a vegan option to share over the BBQ - look no further! Keep following to learn how to make this delicious dish, and scroll to the bottom to print your own copy!
Bourbon Balsamic Grilled Butternut Squash
- 1/2 c Sola Stella Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c Bourbon Balsamic vinegar
- 3 T light brown sugar
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 lbs butternut squash, seeds removed, cut into 3/4" slices
- 1 T grated orange zest
- 1/8 t red chili flakes
How to Cook: A Step by Step Guide
- Preheat the grill to medium-high (about 450°F).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic, brown sugar, and salt and pepper until smooth.
- Brush both sides of the squash slices with the vinegar sugar mixture. Place the squash on an oiled grate, and grill uncovered and turning often, until tender and golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness. To prevent the sugar from burning, rotate the squash pieces, as needed, from hot to cool spots on the grill.
- Transfer the squash to a platter, sprinkle with orange zest and chili flakes.
Time to Serve!
We hope you enjoy this delicious butternut squash dish! Our Bourbon Balsamic vinegar and Sola Stella Extra Virgin Olive Oil are essential when making our grilled squash, and are sure to satisfy your veggie needs.
Want to use your Bourbon Balsamic in other ways? Click here for a list of great ideas for this unique balsamic.