Looking for a way to elevate your whipped cream game?
Olive oil whipped cream is a delicious twist on the classic dessert topping, and it's surprisingly easy to make. Plus, using olive oil in place of traditional ingredients can actually make your whipped cream healthier, without sacrificing any flavor.
Why Olive Oil Makes Better Whipped Cream
Olive oil is a popular ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine, and for good reason. It's full of heart-healthy fats and antioxidants, and it adds a rich, complex flavor to dishes.
Olive oil whipped cream has a unique texture and flavor that traditional whipped cream can't match. The olive oil adds a subtle fruity and earthy flavor, while also creating a whipped cream that is more stable and less likely to deflate or curdle.
Olive Oil Whipped Cream: A Healthier, Flavorful Topping
- 2 tablespoons Texas Extra Virgin Olive Oil (a delicate traditional or infused)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Be sure not to over-beat the mixture, as it may turn into a thick paste or separate.
- For a stronger vanilla flavor, you can add more vanilla extract, to taste.
- Chill a large mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract into the chilled mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture on medium-high speed for about 1-2 minutes until the cream starts to thicken.
- With the mixer still running, slowly pour in the olive oil.
- Continue to beat the mixture for another 2-3 minutes until stiff peaks form and the whipped cream is light and fluffy.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Time to Enjoy Your Whipped Olive Oil!
Olive oil whipped cream is not only delicious, but it's incredibly easy to make! This whipped cream is delicious on so many dishes, from cakes to ice cream to pies - it's the perfect topping to elevate any sweet!
Wondering which Texas Extra Virgin Olive Oil to use in your recipe? Choose from the options below based on the flavor profile you're looking for:
- Classic: Try our Sola Stella EVOO for a delicate and buttery option, or our Spaniard EVOO for something a little more fruity and bitter.
- Citrus: Looking to add some zest to your EVOO? Try our Lemon Infused or Blood Orange Infused EVOOs to add a nice punch of citrus.
- Herbal: Our Basil Infused and Rosemary Infused Olive Oils are delicious options if you're looking to try something with a little more herbacious and bitter flavors.
And to make your life a little easier, click below to download a copy of this Olive Oil Whipped Cream Recipe!