Perfect for a light lunch or weekend brunch, our Caramelize Peach & Goat Cheese Tartine with Arugula and Proscuitto is just in time for the summer. Fresh peaches and tangy goat cheese are complimented by our Extra Virgin Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegar. Great by itself, or even better paired with a nice glass of your favorite white wine or champagne.
2 ea large peaches, peeled and sliced into wedges
2 oz red onion, shaved
2 tbsp honey
to taste salt and pepper
3 oz goat cheese, softened
2 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp chopped basil or chives
2 ea thick sliced sour dough bread, grilled or toasted
4 oz thin sliced proscuitto
1 c baby arugula tossed in
as needed Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Once hot add the Terra Verde Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add peaches and red onion, sauté over medium high heat for 2 -3 minutes until they start to become tender.
- Stir in honey and Peach Balsamic Vinegar.
- Continue to cook stirring often until the peaches and onions are caramelized and soft but not mushy.
- Hold warm until ready.
- In a bowl combine goat cheese and cream cheese and mix with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Fold in chopped herbs.
- To build, spread grilled bread with herbed goat cheese spread then spoon warm caramelized peaches over the goat cheese. Layer on torn pieces of the sliced prosciutto and top with arugula that has been tossed with the Lemon Infused Olive Oil. Finish with a drizzle of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Award Winning Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, best texas balsamic vinegar, best texas olive oil, olive oil recipes, recipe, texas balsamic vinegar, Texas Olive Oil