Makes 4-6 Scones
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest in a large bowl with the chocolate chunks.
- In a separate bowl, combine ¾ C milk, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and olive oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the mixture just comes together and forms a dough.
- On a floured surface shape the dough into a round disk about 1 inch thick. Cut dough into 4 to 6 triangles depending on the size you want.
- Place scones on lined baking sheet and place in freezer for 10 to 12 minutes to firm.
- Once the dough has firmed up, brush the tops of each scone with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe created by Chef Michael Anderson for Texas Hill Country Olive Company